Sunday, April 18, 2010

Music Curmudgeon Info and FAQ

I have written music reviews for nearly 10 years. My alleged talents contributed to numerous music review sites including my own. I was so involved at one point that I had an intervention from my family (seriously). Fortunately, they have their own stuff going on and I have nothing but time.

I am old. I do not listen to the radio and believe that most modern music is disastrous. Record companies have successfully sold to the public that bastardized autotuned pop or retarded new school hip hop is cool. Lyrics are intentionally dim-witted and beats are generic. Thinking about it made me just threw up in my mouth a little.

This means I am out of touch. I stopped reviewing music because I realized this problem. However, I need a creative outlet.

What this means to you ...
If you receive a positive review, you have a very good chance of being unsuccessful.

If you receive a negative review, you still have a very good chance of being unsuccessful, but can point out that I am admittedly out of touch.

CD Submission Info ...
Die Music Die
918 Lake Court
Madison, WI 53715

Readers ...
There will be no rhyme or reason to my publishing. Sometimes, I may publish frequently or nothing for a month or a year. Sorry.

Record Companies...
I despise many of you. You have sent many artists for me to get reviewed from my old site. On my old site, I made certain that every artist that submits music to me may get featured on an "original" video for You Tube. My You Tube account nearly got suspended because you claimed that I had no permission to publish the music or images. You lie.

If you play fair and do not piss me off, I may write a review for your artist.

Publicists...
You annoy me. I do not like being hassled to confirm whether a CD arrived. It probably did. If it inspires me somehow, I will post the review. If not, it's going in the recycling bin.

Services:
One Sheet / Press Release: $75+
Publicity Video: $200+

I have written press releases and edited videos for a number of artists. Before I created publicity videos, I had created many You Tube features. Because of a number of silly record companies, I will not post to You Tube any longer. Send me an email and we will talk about it some more.

Many one sheets are generic and a turn off to the normal review. They read as cut and paste + auto text. I will not auto text your one sheet or press release. I know how much this means to you.

If you pay for one of these services, I will not write a review for the artist. For integrity purposes (don't laugh), it's just impractical.
For your publicity video, I will help you get an internet presence for your band's You Tube page or whatever page you want it posted to. Using your music, images and video as my muse, your video be given the treatment tailored to you.



References:
My Former Blog ...

No comments:

Post a Comment