Saturday, May 1, 2010

Frank Stallone .|: Far From Over ~ Music Video Review



Bill Simmons' tweeted the above YouTube clip yesterday. The context of his tweet is unimportant. Please allow me to gush ...

"Far From Over" is overwhelming in glitz, cheese and kitsch -- it's so incredible, I can't stand it. The music went apeshit in mid-80's production and Frank Stallone (yeah, Sylvester's brother) knocked his vocal out of the park. The 1st time I heard this on the transistor radio, I was in love. I cannot recall the last time that happened with a song (that's why I stopped listening to radio).

The video tops the song. I'm not gay or anything (if there was anything wrong with that), but John was looking hott -- it's cackle-worthy, that within 10 years of this flick, he became the tub of dough that sprayed down by Mr. Wolf in Pulp Fiction. Frank Stallone appearance looked like a loop of nearly convincing air guitar. (Circa Rambo and Rocky 4) Sylvester Stallone even made a brief cameo.

Kurtwood Smith (Red from The 70's Show) reprising his choreographer role from the flick could have made this the best video ever -- that's right, Red played a Broadway choreographer -- it shook me up, but he worked it. I have tears coming from my eyes thinking about Red giving Frank Stallone proper air guitar technique and being bitchy if he does not "nail it". Yep ... that was a missed opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment