Sunday, May 23, 2010

Snareburst .|: Beta


Qualification out of the box ... I hate reviewing electronic music (referenced in an earlier blog entry)! Snareburst's sound is described as "Electronica Psychedelic Dance".

J. Shepherd (from Intolerance Records) asked me to give this a chance and that I would like it more than "Alpha (Demo)". I could not find my review for the CD and don't recall listening to it. It is possible that it made promoted PTSD, so I chose to bury it deep into my subconscious. In my lifetime, there are many such musical beasts in my mental jungle.

Snareburst is musical terrorism. After listening to three songs, I got Nam flashbacks. I never even went to Vietnam! What the hell is going on here? I have a pulsating headache and blood is dripping from my eye socket. Unfortunately my ears are in tact.

This is the last time I try something like this. I need to promise myself that if I put the CD in and can't get past 45 seconds of the 1st track, I just need to burn the motherf@Y&#(. Seriously, I'm butthurt over this.

I held on to this and listened to it five times to see if it would grow on me. It did not. I became more enraged each listen. I have nothing positive to write about this except that I can provide the band's new T-shirt image of of I survived Snareburst and I don't want to effing talk about it or (better yet) a mutant Ipod suffering from PTSD ...


The evil belches of sound were so damning that it made their one non-offensive track, "RGB"  tolerable. Here's its lulzy video ...



Somehow they are grabbing gigs, so there must be massive marketing or sadomasochist musictards that enjoy going deaf and seeing others cry, convulse and croak. The gigs may be filled with undercover Pentagon officials looking for zee next level weapon against terror. Like the old saying, you can only fight terror wuth blaring Snareburst (or something like that).

Another custom niche for "Beta" are YouTube Poopers. Anything on a Snareburst record can inspire video fail like this ...


My kid told me that I shouldn't write anything mean because Intolerance Records packaged this in an awesome hoodie. He quickly retracted after one minute of listening. Maybe quasi-sane and sober people aren't Snareburst's target audience.

I appreciate that they are aiming to perfect a niche for folks with curious music fetishes. If you create something unique, there is always an audience for it. Snareburst does carve a sonic path. I can belittle the "Beta" all I want, but opinions are subjective. Even then, I admire "Beta" for bringing something gonzo to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment